Saturday, November 15, 2008

Deja Vu

It seems like I've been here before. Yesterday was a no work day. Not because I wanted it to be - it just turned out that way. I would rather have worked 'til midnight. I had to pay my second visit in two weeks to a dentist. A minor job turned into a major job - you know like -

"I need an annual checkup. Oh - and while I'm here -I keep getting stuff stuck between these two teeth. Can you do anything about that?"

"No problems! (For me that is.) Let me have a look? Oh Dear. We'll need to get an x-ray of that" Kaaa-ching!

"Whaseestoeethehrohrlm?"

"Hmm. Seems to be a bit of a problem under the edge of that perfectly good crown. That will have to come off so we can see what's going on." Kaaa-ching!

"Whasatringingnoiseineynears?"

"Oh yes. Your going to need two fillings replaced and were going to have to make a new crown. That will be two more visits - allow 90 mins each." Kaaa-ching Kaaa-ching Kaaa-ching.

"Oh Dear. The power's gone off. I will have to put in a temporary filling and get you back when the power is on again." Kaaa-ching.

Two hours later . . . power restored . . .

"Hmm. I suppose the anaesthetic has worn off. We better give you another shot." Kaaa-ching.

8-30 to 13-30!! NOT my preferred way to spend the morning.

Don't really feel like working when my face is falling off so over to my mate's place to have a look at his computer for him. Seems to have contracted a virus (and I must confess I messed up his keyboard mapping while reorganising some software for him the other day). He's not a technophobe but it is an area in which he hasn't had a lot of experience so his computer needs a bit of work to tidy up and getting rid of the virus took a while. He also wanted a blog set up so he could promote another of his interests - by the end of all that it was nearly midnight. Time flies when your having fun!! :)

SO today - let's get out there and get something done. (Tomorrow morning is going to be out because there is a 4WD and Camping show on and I want to go and get some show specials while I get the chance - so today is really it.)

Rear mounts painted, primed and finally installed in their correct place.
























Loooverly new front mount finally all welded and put into position. (Won't prime and paint that yet as I will put in a couple of shock absorbers on the front end of the camper and I may need to weld an extension to the front mount for them.)
















Finally start cutting up some tube and assembling it (clamping only at this stage) onto the truck just to make sure it is all going together square before I start to weld it all up. It will probably be best to get as much of the main frames tacked together as well as it can then be welded so that the stresses are contained and acting against each other within the frame to minimise distortion.



































There's no "Deja" to that "view" so we must be making progress at last.

No comments: