Wednesday, November 12, 2008

All things considered . . .

I don't think I even went into the workshop yesterday. Spent the morning with some friends who were part of a "Who Do You Think You Are?" program to be shown next year on SBS. They needed some crowd scenes so my friend's wife and I were it! Actually they needed some people dancing so that was what we did.

Then off to see the double decker bus that I reported on earlier. I was almost glad I forgot to take the camera! The guy who painted it did a good job. He's a truck painter and is one of the few people around with a spray booth big enough for a double decker bus. The trouble was the guy who owned the bus (the one with the eleven children who don't go to school but learn at home - that one) couldn't decide on a design himself so allowed one of his children to do the design. Unfortunately it looked like it! A base all over white was layed on first then masked off with lots of sweeping curves that criss-crossed eachother to leave white stripes of changing width and then oversprayed with maroon. SO far not too bad. But then . . . again masked over in sweeping curves and sections sprayed in . . . wait for it . . . gloss khaki !! (Excuse me for a minute - I need to go talk to god on the big white telephone.)

Some time later I had a good dinner and watched a movie. No progress made but a pleasant relaxed day.

Today was a bit different. Still those pesky people want me to do jobs and then pay me money. So a bunch of bearing housings got half done before I couldn't resist any more and worked on the camper.


















New, better, stronger and STRAIGHTER pieces ready for welding.


















Still haven't got the tube I wan't but this lot (about 420kg) is ready for cutting.























All the finished bits got primed for painting


















and this other lot got binned.























Not too bad now that I really consider it.

No comments: