Thursday, October 16, 2008

This Doesn't Look Good . . .


or maybe "Trouble is manifold"?

Now that the tray is off it is all too easy to see into the engine spaces. That black discolouration doesn't look good - and that motor hasn't been worked on for 16 years (a good and a bad thing) so I suspect that getting those rusty nuts off won't be fun.

I know that when I made the decision to find a good second-hand vehicle I mentally put aside a certain budget to get everything ship-shape but it's amazing how reluctant I become when it's time to part with the money.

So now it's time to get on with it. New fuel tank to increase range. Reroute exhaust to clear new fuel tank. Get some "C" sections made to reinforce chassis mounting points. Find a PTO and hydraulic pump to drive a winch. Find a winch. etc. etc. The list is starting to grow!

No comments: