Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Out for Recess(ion) . . .

Not my favourite week so far !!

Customers!

They want their jobs back the next day!

Suppliers!

They send the wrong stuff!

And when you tell them (and I was polite)
they forget to send the right stuff!!!

Whatever . . .

And I still haven't got to work on the camper yet this week !!

I spent it finishing off the dozen bearing housings I started last week!!
Well almost finished, I still need to drill some holes for mounting in the flange.




















Then there was the emergency for a couple of simple shafts that had to go by Thursday.









Then 4 each of the bushes to match the pins made last week.
150 mm OD x 50 mm and 100 mm long.













Then square up all the sides and edges of these plates and drill them full of holes.
They are about 1000 mm long x 350 mm wide and 25 mm thick with 25mm holes.
Heavy and awkward to get a good grip on but not enough to make me move the camper to get a crane or forklift in there :)
A couple of these please.











Some profiles to be machined, from the same sized pieces as the drilled plates, to weld the bushes into.












Did I mention the drawings I received so that everything would fit accurately.

A F***ing cardboard template !!!

I'm sure that's NOT how they built the D9 !!

There goes another half a day making sure that everything will actually go together.












Then some nice simple plates 400 mm x 250 mm x 25 mm just to be squared off.

Nice to get some easy ones too!













Then just as closing time comes around a couple of deliveries . . .

Good news and bad news . . .

The good news is the water tanks have arrived :























With very nice multi-tank gauge for monitoring:
















The bad news is word is leaking out that I might still be doing a bit of work.
Hence the pallet load of parts to be machined.


















And to make matters worse
the courier tells me he couldn't fit the other bigger pallet
on the truck today so he will be back tomorrow.

What's wrong with these people?

How am I supposed to work on my camper if they keep sending work.
Next thing you know I'll have to employ someone again!!

Don't they know there is a recession ???

No comments: