Monday, February 09, 2009

The Customer's WHAT ????

I forgot how customers are!

Monday morning first thing : Ring, Ring ... Ring, Ring

"Hello".

"Hi. It's Phred Knurks here. How are you going with my parts?"

"YOU ONLY SAID TO START ON FRIDAY !!!!"

"What? You don't work on the weekend??"

"Well I do on two conditions.
1) You have to be here while I am, and
2) It costs three times as much!"

"Fair go mate. I gotta play footy on the weekend!
And I've got some other things to do too."

"SO HAVE I !!"


I suppose the quickest way out of that sort of misery is just to get it done.
I guess that's what they count on.
So set up the lathe and the mill and get going.

The mill part is quite easy - just some big slabs of steel (1000 mm x 350 mm x 25 mm ) which need squaring up first and some more machining later - so set that running and start on the lathe.

Four large pins ( all this stuff is for a D9 bulldozer so it's all quite heavy ) about 300 mm long and 60 mm diameter.






















All that takes care of most of the day.
Just time to rush out and see if I can get the necessary bits for the bed lift.
I've got the springs so it's pulleys, eyelets and rope.
I'm going to try rope first as it's easier and these days there are special ropes which are actually stronger than steel, don't stretch and are supposed to be very wear resistant.
$140 for the pulleys (Stainless Steel) and $20 for the rope.
Amazing.


















No comments: