Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The More It Changes - The More It Stays The Same.

Well it looks like its back to the old regime for a little while.

Put in 5 hours in the morning on customer work like a dozen or so of these fan bearing housings and then 3 hours in the afternoon on the camper.

These are made from laser cut discs welded to extra-heavy wall pipe and then machined all over for an internal bearing and circlip in each end. There are matching shafts to do when these are finished and then a whole raft of other stuff as well like 200 spring guide and adjusting rods. These have had all the parts made and "just" need welding together.


















You don't seem to get much done in three hours these days.
That's one of the signs of getting older (I think (that's another one)) everything takes longer and costs more!

Never the less all the main floor supports are in now apart from the bathroom area.


















I rang the people making the tanks today and they now say "the end of NEXT week".
I think that's a bit more than the 10-14 day lead time I seem to remember.
They better be good!!

I don't think I can avoid the bed and generator lifting mechanisms for too much longer so I think they'll have to be next.

No comments: