Sunday, November 08, 2009

Dirty Diesel Done My Week . . .

"What a stupid place to breakdown!"

How many times have you heard that said about some poor individual stuck out in the middle of the road at rush hour?

Well that was me stuck in that stupid place .... (but it wasn't my choice!!).

A gradual loss of power meant that I could actually manoeuvre to the side of the road so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But of course I wasn't carrying the usual breakdown tools - drills, glue and screws don't help that much. The essential ones however I did have - the mobile phone and a friend willing to bring me the correct ones.
I have never seen such a clogged fuel filter. An on the spot clean only managed to get me a further 500m down the road before it stopped again. So off to the truck dealer for a new one (and a couple of spares). The new one got me home again and didn't seem to collect any more "gunk" but I wasn't prepared to risk it again so both of the long range tanks were drained and inspected but not a drop more contamination was found.
"Ain't that always the way?"
So a couple of days wasted, a workshop covered in diesel fuel and a lesson learned.
Back to something more agreeable.

The bathroom handbasin mounting being prepared for laminating
















and all laminated - held on with contact, Soudal and masking tape.
















While waiting for all that to set and some ordered drawer slides to arrive I took the opportunity to make one of the under floor storage areas a little more accessible by adding some "handles" to get the lid up.
Details, details, details .....

































Still no draw slides so start in the kitchen area.
Add a few strengthening batons into the wall and secure the plumbing with a few extra brackets etc.





















Fit the wall panel and make some cutouts in case the plumbing needs attention at a later date - these will have panels covering them later.





















Test fit the melamine and make the corresponding cutouts





















and "glue" and fix it all in place.





















Sich and I are doing a number of swaps including I am doing some metalwork for him and he is making cupboards for me.
Hopefully some major progress in the near future !!

No comments: