Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Never Tempt the Devil . . .

Some people liken life to standing in a sewer up to our noses in sh*t . . .
and every now and again the devil goes water skiing . . .

Seems like he was out single skiing something chronic on Monday!

The day started OK with the technician sorting out all the little jobs to be done and I was able to help by doing things like installing all battery linking cables to create banks of 24Vdc from 4 by 6Vdc batteries while he got on with the serious work of making up and installing all the main cables from the battery bank to the Quattro.
These were 70 sqmm cables doubled up !!
















Main switch/fuse box and DC shunt installed, some ducting installed and all seemed to be progressing well until lunch time.

Then I happened to overhear someone, whose position I did not know, giving the tech. an instruction to do some other work and he didn't give a proverbial f*ck about my job.
This of course put the tech. in a very unenviable position as he had to inform me that he could do no further work on my truck until the 11th January next year!
I can't blame him for this happening and I didn't know who this other person was so I concluded that I had no other choice but to speak to the managing director.
Some little while later I was assured that my job would recommence on that date and would progress without delay or interruption until complete.
Then we will have a little discussion about the balance of monies owing and a few of my other concerns!!

In the mean time the tech. and I had worked out we needed another panel installed alongside the Quattro on which to mount a few of the other devices and we needed to make space for another couple of 24Vdc circuit breakers so Tues. morning I am once again at Sich's workshop to deal with these items and all the other work outstanding until the 11th.
















The old front panel was removed and a new one made up with the extra components
















So - on to other work . . .
I thought I may as well begin installing the heavy duty slides and support frame for the main Engel fridge . . .
Whooops - the devil just made another run . . .
Sich said make the frame to suit the fridge and he would make the cabinets to suit the frame including slides fitted to the frame.
Unfortunately neither he nor I realised that the heavy duty slides were another 5mm thicker per slide.
So now it would appear that my first job for Wed. morning is to cut 10mm out of the frame and weld it back together, and he has made such a nice job painting it too. . .
















Can't you just hear that V8 ski boat engine revving up ????

No comments: