Sunday, March 08, 2009

More Sticky, Gooey Horrible Stuff . . .

A lap of the car park !!!!

Outside and a little bit closer to the gate. Whoo Hoo!!

Decided to make it a full test of some of the bits to date.

Had the generator running and the fridge and a radio hooked up.

Used the power tools off the generator etc..

Couldn't even get it off idle!! Great !!













So then I took it back inside and used the truck air system to lift it all off again with the (little bit of) extra weight on board.

No sweat at all. In fact it seemed a bit smoother with the extra weight.

Then I spent the rest of the day taking out each panel, sealing it all up and around the angles and screwing it down permanently.

Fingers crossed they never need to come out again or I'm screwed!

It's that sealing it all up with the silicon adhesive filler bit that I don't like.

Got 8 of the 12 bottom sheets fixed and the last 4 are simple all along one edge so hopefully done in the morning.

Then I have to find some automotive under body sealer and paint it all with a final coat.

The underneath that is.

1 comment:

OverlandSi said...

Heya, looks like everything is going well, Always nice to get it all moving! I've changed blog addresses by the way, I'm now found at http://overlandwannabe.co.uk Good luck, will keep checking back as usual.