Thursday, January 15, 2009

Details, details, details . . .

Damn!!

You can do a whole days work and it looks almost like nothing.

Fiddly little bits that need cutting and welding here and welding there and grinding and cleaning and priming.
Like these angle supports for the storage locker floor supports.


















Every little piece needs to be clamped in three directions to make sure all the surfaces are smooth so that the sheet covering wont have lumps and bumps like "the ribs on a starving horse"
So I need more clamps!


















Eventually it all goes together to make the fascia for the locker door so that the "pinchweld" weather seal fits in properly (which reminds me I need to go and get some of that now) and provides a decent seal and the panels are flush and the floor gets held up etc. . . .


















Then I need to make up a door to fit the opening and fit the locks.
I decided to be extravagant and get the stainless steel ones which after all cost $3 more than the zinc plated ones !!






















Mind you in the background I managed to get the blanks cut for 200 bushes I have to make so it wasn't all bad.

No comments: