Thursday, May 28, 2009

Minor Surgeries Only Now Required . . .

Well it turned out pretty well as promised . . .

After finishing all the tricky little reveals around the "utilities tower"


















The main doorways























and the lower edge of the front and rear























The "silicon edge seal man" was let loose while I did a few other things at home on the truck.
He finished about 1 o'clock and then it all had to be loaded back on the truck.
It all works OK but if I was going to do it again I could think of a few little changes to improve the speed of the job.
It takes about 90 mins. to pick up, place, align and bolt down the house unit ready to go.




































Very happy with the result :
I would recommend this organisation - very pleasant and helpful people :
Panelvan Conversions
55 Burlington St, Naval Base WA, 6165
Chad and Tony Hubbard 0400 900 033

So after a minor deviation so Sich could have a "look see" safely home again . . .
Now the other 90% can begin . . .














Thought I'd start off by putting the roof vent in position.
At this point with winter approaching my first concern is to seal it all up as a priority over fitting out as I may have to stand it in the rain if I need the factory space for something.
















The vent had some funny recessed upstands moulded into the mounting for the fasteners to go through. It's a European design so maybe their fasteners are different from ours but I could not find any screws or bolts etc to go into that shape so after much deliberation I decided to turn down the head of some stainless steel machine screws to fit.
Seems a bit of overkill but it was the only way I could think of.

















So finally it is all resting in place ready for silicon and bolts first thing tomorrow.












Now if I can just find someone who can supply the "thick roof adapter kit" that is listed in the brochure but no one seems to know anything about . . . . then I can get on with the next bit instead of having to make that first !!!!

No comments: